Thursday, November 16, 2006

How to save money.....hmmm...




I decided that as I have spent so much money on fabric lately, I really ought to prove that sewing saves me money, by recycling some old jeans into a pair of overalls. The plan was going well - take a pair of old jeans, some paisley corduroy I bought for $2 metre at the end of winter, use an Ottobre pattern that I already have, use old sample swatches for the applique - alas I had forgotten the pull of 'the perfect button', I am such a sucker for a beautiful button!! Don't go near Lincraft anybody, they have the most gorgeous range of new buttons. So all up - overalls, about 50c, buttons $7 *blush*.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW Tigerfilly, what can I say? They are just absolutely adorable. They are still cheap at $7.50! I just love that feature fabric and the mosuse is soooooo cute. Well done!

Little Munchkins said...

The overalls look fantastic. I especially love the paisley corduroy. It really stands out. Well done!

Sharon said...

LOVE them!!! $7.50 is still a great price!

Cass said...

Tigerfilly, this looks great