Tigerboy has his final day at Pre-School on Friday before starting school next term. He has been in the pre-school room at his wonderful community childcare centre 2 days a week for a year and a half , and has several main teachers, plus a few other teachers that help out from time to time - they are all lovely. I wanted to give them something that was for the class, but also could be shared amongst the staff. This is a pocket/organiser thingamyjig (what do you call these things???), made from calico and some gorgeous Japanese froggy fabric from Fabric Tales. I copied the design from a similar thingymajig we have in our kitchen that came from the Oxfam shop. It was pretty easy to make and is a nice present so I think I might be making more of these in future. We have bought cholcolate bars to put in each of the pockets.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow Tigerfilly I love it it looks very well made and is a great idea
Hi there,
I'm a lurker to the EB girls sewing thread and am always amazed and inspired by the great things you ladies make, but I just had to comment on this one Tigerfilly.
It's a fabulous idea and I love the fabric you've chosen - those frogs are so cute. I can't believe it was easy to do - it looks quite time consuming.
Love your work!!
PS - congrat's on your little one's birthday too - well done to you.
I love it, how fantastic, I think I need to make one or two or three for my place! Fantastic job, your teachers will be thrilled!
That is fantastic! Well done, esp on choosing the frogs, they look amazing.
What a lovely thoughtful gift! They are going to love it!
A great gift for a teacher Tigerfilly. I lovet he froggy fabric, too cute.
This is fantastic!!! I think I need something similar in my room to help me to be organised lol! Actually I'm thinking it would be great for Jordan to hang up on the back of his door too.
Post a Comment