



This is how I've spent the last two days - making a skirt for Glamour Puss and a pair of shorts for Tiger Boy. The skirt is an Ottobre pattern, made from a $5 remnant from Ferrier. It caused me no end of trouble with the little vents which took me an hour to work out how to do from Ottobre's minimal instructions, although obvious once I'd worked out what they meant! I had to put buttons on the edge of the pocket to cover up the uneven top-stitching - my sewing machine has a top-stitching phobia. In the end I had to put the top-stitching thread in the bobbin and stitch from the wrong side because otherwise the thread kept jamming :( I'm not even sure I like the skirt after all that but Miss 7 is happy and found it quite comfy for leaping off stairs and jumping on the trampoline today. I bought the shorts fabric in the furnishing area of Lincraft yesterday, they are Ottobre too, but very basic. He's happy.
5 comments:
They both look great, very professional
Hi love the skirt and pants, very professional looking.
They look great Tigerfilly. That topstitching makes them look very professional. I love the bright colours.
I think they both look fantastic, but especially the shorts! I can't wait to have the time to make some similar ones for my boys.
I love all the topstitching details - they look great!
Post a Comment