Wednesday, October 11, 2006

baby dress



A little voile baby dress made from some fabric I bought at Ferriers a while ago. I was feeling miserly that day and only bought 30cm because it was so expensive, so I almost didn't have enough - had to fiddle with the layout for ages to fit the pattern pieces, and ended up with less gather than there should have been. I'm very pleased with the seam finishes - all seams enclosed with a french seam or otherwise bound. The 'knots' along the front are a strip of lining fabric, roll hemmed on both sides, then knotted and stitched on by hand.

11 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Very nice! I love the fabric. Most things that I hand sew end up looking awful, but those that you did looks great. I love how it turned out.

Sharon said...

WOW! The dress is SO cute!! I love it! The fabric is great, and I love the knots! Were they a part of the pattern, or your own addition? Either way, they look great!

Andrea said...

WOW that is just beautiful. I remember you showing us that fabric.
PHEW - with just having enough fabric, that could have ended in tears!
Love the knots, was that your original idea?

lolliegirl said...

WOW! You've done well.. It looks great! :D

Anonymous said...

This looks adorable. I love the knot detail, very pretty.

Leah said...

That is gorgeous! I especially love the knot detail.

Cass said...

Tigerfilly, the dress looks beautiful.

Dani said...

The dress is stunning. Well done

Julie said...

Oh that turned out great. I remember when you said that you bought that bit of fabric. You did a great job to figure it all out!
It looks just beautiful.

Belinda said...

That is such a gorgeous dress! It is so nice to see something so original!

Marie said...

I love that knots technique that you used...did you make that up? the dress looks lovely, wonderful job.