Did you notice my music? LOL as if you could not notice. Don't worry if you don't like it you can just press the pause button down at the bottom of the page. It is on random shuffle so it will possibly be a different song each time .
I am trying to stick to updating with whatever I have photographed, even if it is not the latest thing sewn.
Miss Snugglebunny in a floral delight.
I haven't worked out how to close the back yet, it's supposed to have a button loop, but because the fabric is a fairly open weave, when I did a little button loop it pulled out of the fabric.
I am thinking maybe ribbons to tie would work. The same happened with the facing of the back slit, it has already frayed at the bottom before even one wash, so I've zigzagged over it to fix it up.

Glamourpuss in some bright pink I picked up in Lincraft yesterday. I like this pattern, it is from a recent Ottobre in a size 134. I am 95% happy, the 5% unhappy being the binding which seems to be slightly heavy for the pink and is weighing it down a little at the back. 
I haven't hemmed it yet, which is annoying because it is the perfect length now and will be shorter than I want once it is hemmed.
Perhaps I will add a band to the bottom... or leave it unhemmed (very trendy). If only I still had an overlocker I could do a rolled hem!
4 comments:
put a binding around the bottom too!
Yes - like Brazens suggestion - tit looks great though - i really like the fabric.
And SB dress is very springy!
Great sewing TF, great idea Brazen!
Little SB dress is just adorable, as is she! Look at that smile!
I made this same top recently for my daughter in a size 140 and I added about 2 inches to the length to make it long enough to suit my daughter's taste.
Your top is lovely. I like the fabric and I like the contrast binding. Very nice!
Post a Comment