Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Present




Sometimes it's nice to use up some stash fabric, but other times it feels just lovely to spot some perfect fabric, rush it home, and sew madly to have it ready for the next day! This is a present for a sweet petite raven haired 6 year old whose birthday party we are going to this afternoon. Glamourpuss is modelling the frock, but is actually about 3 sizes too large for it LOL! The fabrics are from Lincraft and are that rare find - a perfect colour match. The pattern is a lovely Simplicity one which comes in sizes 5 to 8 and I love so much I have made it 5 times now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful dress, you've done a terrific job on it!

Cass said...

Tigerfilly, the dress is lovely, she is a lucky girl to be getting such a beautiful present. I a msure she will love it.

Anonymous said...

WOW WHEEE!!! What an adorable dress! I just love the bow at the back, you can never have too many bows I say! It's nice to know it is going to a special little girl too.

Kylie said...

Tigerfilly that is georgous! I am sure that she liked it. You make such georgous things and put so much attention to detail!

Helen said...

Tiger! This dress is stunning! I love the back with the cross over. Looks just beautiful! What did the raven haired petite 6 year old say when she unwrapped it????! :)