Saturday, June 28, 2008

Birthdays and more

Today was Tigerboy's 6th Birthday party - a Star Wars Lego party, and we had a ball. The lucky fellow received a ridiculous amount of lego, had a lego brick cake, lots of yummy food, and played Star Wars Lego Games such as pin the ear on Yoda and Light Sabre Limbo.











It is of course unspeakably long since I blogged, and in the meantime we have moved house, I have handed in about 2 dozen bits of assessment for uni, applied for 3 jobs, and generally been completely snowed under.



This is a picture of the beautiful bag that Suz sent me in a swap some time ago - it has found a place in our new home as the storage bag for all the gift wrapping gear - the scissors and stickers and tape and ribbon all fit nicely in its pockets, and the whole lot hangs on the back of the kitchen door. It is a 'very useful' bag indeed (note the reference, Miss 2-on-Thursday has developed a liking for those 'really useful engines' ;) ).











Despite wide spread belief to the contrary I have actually done a teeny tiny bit of sewing. These pants on Miss Snugglebunny are a pattern I have had for 11 years which can save a piece of fabric that doesn't seem quite long enough for pants, and by dint of yoke and cuffs turn it into a snazzy pair. These are lovely velvety corduroy with minky lining in the pockets and cuffs.

























Going back a few months, here are some overalls I sewed for the little darling, and I even got to use my snap machine. Unfortunately they are already nearly too small :( If you want next dibs on a pair of hardly worn overalls you may put your hand up and I'll post them on when I finaly cannot squeeze the snaps shut.







And just because I thought it was adorable, here are Snugglebunny and Glamourpuss reading together. They are my two girly girls to go with my bookworm Technogirl and my action man Tigerboy.

And finally, I thought I would join the craze and make a flickr mosaic. It's all brown and blue, hmm....!

Answers - 1. Fiona 2. Chocolate cake 3. Clayfield College 4. Green 5.Michael Shanks 6. Ice Break 7. Ireland 8. Lemon tart 9. Health educator 10. Bear Hug 11. Impatient 12. Tiger Filly.


1. Fiona's latest boyfriend...!!!, 2. Cookie Monster Cupcakes, 3. 050102a Bonney Avenue Clayfield, 4. A big bloody Samoan storm that turned gay!, 5. walk of fame - michael shanks, 6. coffee, 7. Keep on the sunny side, 8. Lemon Tart, 9. just as the wind, our public schools blow, 10. Bear Hug!, 11. Impatient, 12. _DSC2403

4 comments:

Cass said...

Looks like a great party and I love all your other pics. I can't believe Snugglebunny will be 2 this week. Good to see you back in blogland.

lolliegirl said...

It's lovely to see you blogging again!

Sounds like a great time was had at the party!!

Love the pants and overalls..

Little Munchkins said...

Looks like a fun party! Love the overalls you sewed, it's a pity it won't fit for much longer.

Natalie said...

Love seeing your sewing TF! The dotty pants are especially adorable. I love the Stars Wars theme for the party, might have to do some light sabre limbo with the boys when they get bored next, they'd love it! Hope Tigerboy had a fantastic day.