Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree..."

This is the beginnings of my advent tree, styled on this one at Allsorts. I love it, but unfortunately it is still very much a WIP and will probably be finished around the 24th! Lucky then, I was pointed in the direction of this clever little tutorial at The Small Object, so with some inspirations from Andrea and Cass, Glamourpuss and I made some little Christmas tree ornaments. I am a bit scared of glue LOL, so I stuck my semi-circles together with double sided iron on tape, then put a pipe cleaner through the middle to keep them together and hold a bead on top.













This is the baby who did not want to be photographed! She wanted to look at the "Bubby" on the camera screen instead. I was desparately trying to get a standng up back shot so Novy could see how the dress sits, but I had to settle for a running away back shot instead, hmmm... This little dress is reversible, which means if Snugglebunny gets it dirty while we're out I can just switch sides... and voila, clean dress. The fabrics were both remnants from my stash and the buttons were out of my button jar :)

7 comments:

lolliegirl said...

I love the trees! I think I will make some next year too. The dress looks great.. I love the fabrics! My daughter always wants to look at the baby on the screen too.. very frustrating when you just want to get some pics quickly!

Little Munchkins said...

It is starting to look very Christmassy in your house I am sure with all those lovely decorations.

Thanks for sharing the pics of the cross over dress. I like it very much. Now I hope I have some time to sew one up before I go on my hols.

Kylie said...

Love the trees and the little envelopes - thanks for the link - off to check them out!

Andrea said...

It all looks great TF, and what lovely things to do with your children, I can't wait for that! Love the cross over dress, I have a pattern like that and keep meaning to use it, must do that one day!

Anonymous said...

the christmas trees look very nice and snugglebunny is so cute in that dress! why are you scared of glue at the moment though =)

Leah said...

Where did your baby go!? Snugglebunny is such a gorgeous little GIRL now! And I love your trees, sadly, we do not have one single christmas ornament up.

Ruth said...

love the cross over dress, must find a pattern for one.