Thursday, November 22, 2007

Brumbies





My sewing machine has been sadly neglected the last couple of months. But just to prove I haven't been idle - these are part of the two pages of hand-written notes we were allowed to take into my bioscience exam today. Tiny enough to be fairy writing I think.

Now that the exam is over (Hooray!!!) I can have my life back, which means good things like sewing :) and bad things like cleaning up the chaotic bear pit my house turned into while I was spending so many hours studying :(

I did manage to make a couple of things in the last couple of weeks though - a much needed pair of PJs for technogirl and an also urgently needed pencil case from the same fabric.


The lovely brumby print was an end of roll bargain at $3 for 1.5m, and the green singlet is from Cotton On.I love the look of little bags made from a layer of fabric and a later of clear plastic so here is my first attempt at one. I haven't quite got the zip right so I will have to go and have a peek at them in the shops. Technogirl says her classmates admired her new pencil case and she was pleased to say my mum made it :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Great Fabric! I love how the pencil case turned out, the plastic is a great idea. And you've reminded me to get a wriggle on and finish a few more summer PJ's for my boy too!

Cass said...

Yay on the exams being over. The pj's and pencil case look great. I love that fabric too.

Karen said...

Congrats on the exam being over TF - that writing is amazing - I keep trying to read it!
The pencil case and PJ's are great - love the fabric.

Leah said...

I always KNEW you were a fairy & now I have proof! ;o)
Congrats on the end of exams - I've just signed myself up for a TAFE course and am already nervous! I know where to get advice on the study bit though!

Anonymous said...

AUGH!!! taking me back to second year undergrad - one side of an A4 page with anything you like written on it. I never knew I could write so small let alone READ it in the exam. I think I managed to write out the entire semester of course notes at one stage. I think it was more useful as a study tool as I barely looked at it in the exam.

Yet another example of your sewing brilliance. So when will I be able to purchase a copy of "Tigerfilly's assorted collection of really useful patterns and sewing suggestions for the Aussie family"... hint hint..... I will buy it if you even hand write it!!! (though not as small as your notes on blood cells and vasculature!!! :))

Hope all is well in your part of the globe!

xC

Anonymous said...

EEK, that really is fairy writing.

I adore the pjs and bag. Your appliques always come out so fabulously neat and tidy. It must be the fairy in you.

Marie said...

Yay on the last exam - hope you aced it.

Anonymous said...

hope u did good on the exam.
great fabric!