Saturday, April 07, 2007

Backlog Weblog

What happens when you put off blogging because you're too busy knitting? - You end up with a backlog mega post!

First, here is the amazing loot I received Andrea in the kitchen swap - A great apron, 2 oven mitts, a pot holder and a book. All in this beautiful bright print which I love! Tigerboy has comandeered the mitts and says he will get all hot things out of the oven for me from now on - oh dear!










Secondly, here is the tracksuit pants I ran up for Techno-girl when I realised she had grown out of all her winter clothes and desparately needed some clothes for some school excursions last week. Even a picky 9 year old will deign to wear something with a brumby on the leg. The fabric was some white rugby knit I'd had for ages and never used. I dyed it in the washing machine with some dye I had lying around.


Thirdly, this is a pretty little top I made for Snugglebunny out of an amazingly soft corduroy remnant I picked up at Ferriers. I thought the dots looked perfect for some couterchange smocking. I haven't done any smocking for a few years so it was nice to start on something quick and easy. It is lined with some cotton floral print Belinda (of the EB sewing ring) sent me.





















And finally, a work in progress - A pair of pants for Snugglebunny in this beuatiful purple variegated Italian wool. It is more purple than it looks in the picture. I love it, and am dreaming of making Tigerboy a jumper from it.



10 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow you have been busy! I'm so jealous of all your sewing, it is all fantastic. I especially love the smocked top, the fabric is just adorable and the smocking really sets it off.

Love your kitchen swap items too, love the bright fabric - great job Andrea!

Cass said...

Tigerfilly what a busy bee you have been. I love everthing, well done

Andrea said...

WOW Tigerfilly, I am in LOVE with that little green top, it is absolutely divine.
Well done on the pants and the knitting too, they look great. You are so clever at making the most of the things you have.
I am so pleased you like the swap items, they sure are colourful!

Corrie said...

well you've got a good reason for not blogging! love everything... how clever to dye the fabric and love the smocking and the pants! too cute!!!
busy busy busy

Little Munchkins said...

You have been very busy! Love the pants for your DD,and the green cord is just devine. Well done too Andrea on the swap items.

Austysmum said...

Gprgeous work. I really want to learn smocking one day (hopefully I'll have a little girl to smock for one day too). I have loads of books to drool over and MIL has a pleater as she used to smock for SIL's dresses and promised to teach me if I want so I really have no excuse other than no little girl to smaock for. But your little green top has me inspired! I must get into more sewing, but it's not something I can do in front of a lecture video...

I nearly made Austy a tracksuit over the weekend but there were hardly any colours in my local fabric shop. I love your hourse applique - GREAT idea. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Online Pharmacy for Cialis, Levitra, Tamiflu, Viagra. Get Cheap Medication online. Buy Pills Central.
[url=http://buypillscentral.com/buy-generic-viagra-online.html]Purchase Top Quality Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Tamiflu[/url]. Indian generic drugs. Discount drugs pharmacy

Anonymous said...

Suitable multitudinous years Obtain Viagra Discount Pharmaceutics has been recognizable among paramount online apothecary suppliers and customers nearly discount Viagra Online the world.

Anonymous said...

We are delighted that our company Buy Cialis Discount Apothecary is sole of the outwit in the Internet, commonly, Best Discount Viagra Pharmacy Online specializing on online pharmaceutics Viagra.

Anonymous said...

Do not puzzle over it!