Sunday, January 17, 2010

Handkerchief hem top

















I adore this fabric. I bought it off etsy, from a seller who doesn't seem to exist anymore :(

The pattern is Simplicity 2716, and I particularly like the ties that join the back and front bodices.. The model was a bit grouchy, so I couldn't get good photos of the hem shape, but it is very pretty.I didn't add the underskirt because I think it would have made the top a bit hot for summer. I am thinking this one will be able to be worn in winter with pants and a shirt underneath. If I make the top version again I will raise the waistline - I think that will make the proportions even nicer.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous top, don't know about your DD's face though - I hope the wind didn't change! Susan

Natalie said...

Gorgeous top, the fabric is stunning! lol at her face, I can my miss doing that soon