Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagged and didn't know it!



I have been so slack reading blogs that I got only half way through the EB blog ring and discovered I have been tagged not once, not twice, not three times, but four times, by Ingrid, Ingrid, Cass and Corri! I hope that doesn't mean I must list 28 things about myself as I think I will be hard pressed to come up with 7 things interesting enough to list.....I have decided I shall make them all musical facts-


1. DH and I are only 6 years apart in age but seem to come from different music 'eras' - if the radio is on in the car he will say 'you must remember this great old song!' and I invariably say 'no, it's awful' lol!

2. I can make oboe reeds (or at least I used to be able to) It is a very slow and delicate process.

3. When I was younger for a while I played the viola da gamba. It is like a large violin that you hold between your knees like a cello, play with a bow, but has frets like a guitar. I love the soft mellow sound it makes.

4. My favourite singer at the moment is
KT Tunstall. I 'discovered' her online way before her song 'Suddenly I See' got so very very popular, and I feel a bit peeved that everyone knows about her now. I liked it better when she was my little secret ;)

5. I loooove dancing, but I can NOT dance in public. As an adult I have had great fun learning ballet, jazz, tap, highland, irish, and various period dances, but ask me to dance 'freestyle' at a wedding etc and I shrivel up in a corner.

6. Techno girl and Tigerboy have inherited my singing genes but my poor darling Glamourpuss definitely has not!!! It astounds me how children with the same parents can be so different.

7.I used to say I hated country music, but living way out in western Qld for 2 1/2 years I got to quite like some of it......NB, only SOME of it.

There is noone left to tag......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its great to learn more about you. You obviously have a very musical and creative family!